Designed for satellite content distribution, targeting the broadcast, business TV, private networks and SMATV environment. The receiver offers reception of digitally encrypted video, audio, VBI and data. It provides a cost-effective, variable-rate solution to transition existing DVB-S/MPEG-2 services to DVB-S2/MPEG-4. Additional features include IP Data and RS-232 utility data.
The unit is set up via the on-screen display menu, using a handheld infrared remote control, or navigation keys on the front panel of the receiver. User-editable presets are provided for quick re-tuning to other broadcasts. The receiver also supports a Web interface and SNMP control via the Ethernet port as an option.
This receiver is capable of receiving a DVB/MPEG compliant free-to-air broadcast.
Supporting the PowerVu conditional access with DES or DVB de-scrambling, or DVB Conditional Access Module (CAM) based DVB CA systems, this receiver can be used to receive secured corporate communication of video, audio and/or data broadcast. It can also be used for secured delivery of TV programming to hotels, MDUs, homes & commercial establishments such as restaurants, stores, etc. Data outputs can be used for distribution of documents, price lists, and video files, etc. Utility data (RS-232) can be used for smaller file transfer at a slower speed. DVB MPE IP data via an Ethernet interface allows for connection to a local area network for larger file transfer and/or communication with multiple network clients.
- DVB-S QPSK, DVB-S2 QPSK/8PSK demodulation
- Variable QPSK symbol rates from 1 to 45 Msymbols/s for DVB-S and DVB-S2
- PowerVu conditional access with DES & DVB de-scrambling
- CAM interface hardware for DVB CAM-based descrambling
- 4:2:0 High Definition MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 AVC decoding
- 4:2:0 Standard Definition MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 AVC decoding
- 4:2:0 NTSC & PAL (B/G/I/D/M/N) video decoding
- MPEG, Dolby® Digital (AC-3), HE-AAC and Dolby Digital Plus audio decoding
- DVB Subtitling and DVB VBI (WST, WSS, VPS)
- One unbalanced stereo pair of audio outputs
- Line 21 closed caption and V-chip support
- Fingerprint Trigger
- Service Replacement
- Field upgradeable software and security
- Front panel 4-digit LED for channel display
- On-screen display menu for setup and status
- User-editable preset configurations
- Electronic Program Guide support
- HDMI and Component video outputs for HDTV (D9865H and D9865D only)
- Dual Ethernet 10/100BaseT for IP data, Web interface, SNMP control (D9865D only)